I began this blog 12 years ago. I began it in my head.
It never made it to paper/screen/the ether. It never made it because I always had something to do first.
I had to finish that book that would tell me how.
I had to start that course that would make me literary perfection.
I had to make sure all my ducks were tidied and, most importantly, I had to ensure I had just finished a huge batch of hot and tasty procrastibaking. Said baking then delivered to a friend for essential cuppa and ensuing taste test. Naturally!
Can you ever have too much procrastibaking, I ask?
The hard truth is, my friends, you can!
You can because for me procrastibaking was really just fear with sprinkles on. Killing creativity. Crippling fun. Keeping me afraid.
Afraid that I might make mistakes. Might not be perfect. Might misspell. Might mis-punctuate (is that even a word? I refuse to Google it!). Might embarrass myself. Might be laughed at. Might not be any good. Might be ignored. Might NOT be ignored. Might be rubbish. Might .. on and on and on and on it goes.
And still goes…
But today? Today, all the positive Instagram slogans I have eaten up forever have finally edged ahead of my fear-filled procrastibaking.
Today, I leap into text. Today, I write for me. Today, I write to taste my gloriously good life twice.
My how and why-right-now?
Given at extreme risk of sounding like an Oscar winner…
• I am home: 12 years in the deserts of Saudi Arabia has lately been replaced by the white sand beaches and crystal clear water of Jervis Bay, Australia. Settling after more than 20 years abroad! Finding a space to create the future. Living a blessing.
• The RIGHT book at the right time (in my case two more were required)
– For uncorking my stifled creativity – The Artist’s Way – thank you, Mills!
– For reducing fear to a willing partner in this crime – Big Magic – thank you, Jodie!
• For emotional freedom and the toolbox to take me there – thank you, beyond thanks, Roobie ..
• And always and ever the heart of my life, my darling husband, Gav. For believing I am fabulous, whatever I do. For being the support crew to my dreams. Thank you, lover, thank you.
So!? Tell me!?
What is it you are afraid to start? What would call you to action? Stop your own version of my very tasty procrastibaking?
My best and only advice would be .. do it for yourself and it cannot be wrong. Do it. Just do it!
PS And still more Nike .. feeling the fear as I press GO and doing it anyway! xx