OK. So. You might feel that this whole green smoothie wagon is just the latest, trending, NYC, Bondi Beach, look-how-healthy-I-can-handle-my-milkshake kinda thing.
You might think it’s not your bag at all. That they taste as shockingly green as they look. That you would gag to try it yourself.
I know exactly what you are thinking because I was right there with you .. until the day a friend gave me a Simple Green Smoothie Beginner’s Luck!
These days, I am less about recipes as I am clearing out my fruit bowl but, if you need tasty inspiration, you can do no better than to follow the amazing SGS girls ! They were an awesome start point for my brightly coloured journey.
What’s in it for you?
- Breakfast/snack on the go and a super healthy start to the day .. begin as you mean to go on!
- A simple, yummy, fuss free way to pack yourself with nutrients and even possibly (oh-so on trend!) superfoods
- Bags of gorgeous green fibre acting as a gentle, effective push-in-the-back for things you would rather have out than in 😉
- Yay! Another piece in the puzzle for overall improved gut health .. happy days!
- Be organised. If it’s not easy, you won’t do it!
- Wash, bag and freeze your greens portions individually.
- Peel, chop and freeze bigger bags of pineapple chunks, chopped banana, berries, etc ready to grab quickly.
- Smoothies taste best with 2-3 pieces of fruit.
- Make sure to add at least one piece of frozen fruit to your smoothie. Even I cannot drink a warm one! 😉
- Buy up big on cheap seasonal produce, prepare and freeze it for later use.
- Check your blender is connected properly .. error that should only happen once but …..
- Blend your greens well with the liquid first to make sure it’s as chunk-less as possible.
- Chew any chunks you didn’t blend fully. It’s good for you!
- Smoothies last a couple of days in the fridge so feel free to make a double batch.
- SHAKE your pre-made smoothie BEFORE you look at it! 😉
Don’t be shy, kids! Get your smoothie on .. your colon will love you for it!